Hi, I am Federico Russo, Creative Director of GTB Italy
"Creativity isn't a job, it's a belief. Without that belief you will never be great". Sir John Hegarty.
• 16 years of national/international work experience
• 11 years of experience in automotive advertising
• Advanced advertising knowledge
• Advertising blogger since 2007 (http://www.federicorusso.com with more than 370,000 page views)
• Passion about all forms of visual expression (pinterest.com/federicorusso)
• International experience in advertising & managing relationships with International clients.
• Ability to create worldwide campaigns.
• Creative experience of worldwide communication and selection of best campaigns for published blogs.
• Create & identify day-by-day original & relevant ideas at International levels.
• Extremely demanding with creativity resulting in leaderships.
• Adci Awards 2008 - Online & Digital Media - Product Web Sites - Shortlist - Scenicpsp.It
• Adci Awards 2008 - Ambient & Unconventional Media - Silver - Sparring Partner Gym
• Adci Awards 2013 - Online & Digital Media - Social Media - Shortlist - Renault Twizy Share The Positive Energy
• Promaxbda 2010 - Television-Video Presentation: Craft Categories Copywriting Gold Live Curious If Spot National Geographic Channel
• Promaxbda 2010 - Television-Video Presentation: Craft Categories Directing Gold Live Curious If Spot National Geographic Channel
• Promaxbda 2010 - Outdoor, Out-Of-Home Print And Poster: General And Content Promotion Promotional Items Bronze Live Curious T Shirts National Geographic Channels International
• Promax Europe Most Outstanding Promo Of The Year 2010 Gold - Live Curious - If
• Iaaa International Automotive Advertising Awards 2010 - Gold - Scenic Psp - Drive Or Play
Federico Russo's Background
Federico Russo's Experience
Creative Director at GTB Italy
March 2015 - Present | Rome
Creative Director of Metaphora at Alphaomega Group
October 2013 - February 2015 | Rome
Clients: Nastro Azzurro (SABMiller), Bvlgari (Italian jewelry and luxury goods company), Pfizer-Zoetis (the largest global animal health company), ALD Automotive (vehicle leasing company of the Société Générale group)
• CD for Nastro Azzurro: from BTL to Branded Content, from Packaging to ATL. Supervision of digital advertising.
• I manage the relationship with the local and the international client Nastro Azzurro together with the CEO of the agency.
• Creativity and supervision of the digital communication and digital CRM of Bvlgari.
• Creativity and supervision of the ALD Automotive’s communication.
• Creativity and supervision of the Zoetis/Pfizer’s communication.
• Creative coordination with the creative direction of Alphaomega to develop fully integrated campaign for all the clients of the group, from digital to events.
• Leading a creative group of six creatives plus freelances. Working together with 3 accounts.
Creative Director at Kennedy+Castro
August 2012 - September 2013 | Rome
Clients: Nastro Azzurro (SABMiller), MoreMondadori publishing
• CD on new creative platform and brand repositioning campaign for Nastro Azzurro.
• Directly involved in the relationship with the local and the international board.
• Creative direction of all editorial projects for publishing house MoreMondadori, global creativity for every book launch.
• Creative coordination with Kennedy+Castro units in London & NY.
• Leading a team of 4 creatives plus freelances. Working together with 2 accounts.
Copywriter at Publicis
May 2007 - May 2012 | Rome
Clients: Renault (national & international), RAI Television, Playtex, Alitalia.
• Lead writer on Renault for 5 years; handled everything from promotional, to retail, to international ATL campaigns.
• Regularly invited to Paris HQ to work directly with the international creative direction on international rumbles for various car launches.
• In 2010 I won the international rumble for Renault Clio.
• Integrated campaign for Twizy (awarded), XMOD, Scenic PSP (awarded).
Copywriter at Freelance Creative
2010 - 2011
Clients: NIKE - Nike Women italian campaign 2011 and Nike running campaign 2010.
National Geographic Channel - Global brand campaign 2010 (awarded).
Copywriter at Leo Burnett
May 2002 - May 2007 | Rome
Clients: Fiat (national & international), Poste Italiane, Philip Morris, McDonald's, Procter&Gamble, LIDL Supermarkets, Banca Popolare di Milano, etc.
• Pitch win LIDL Supermarkets "Ogni giorno è speso bene" (Every day is well spent).
• Pitch win Banca Popolare di Milano with agency Black Pencil in 2005.
• Province of Campania - TV Campaign "European Social Fund".
• Sparring Partner Gym ambient campaign (awarded).
BGS D’Arcy → Leo Burnett Turin – Copywriter May 2002 – May 2005
Clients: Fiat (national & international), Sanpaolo Bank, Seven Zaini (national TV campaign), Fiat Servizi, Global Value (ICT), Autoexpert, Ferrero, Italgas, La Stampa Newspaper, Yamaha Moto, Smau, Tim Mobile.
• Joined BGS D'Arcy: the network got acquired by Publicis and the Turin office became a Leo Burnett base (Burnett BGS).
• Fiat (inter)national projects, including pan-Euro Multijet engine launch.
• Won the pitch and created the national campaign for Italian bank group Sanpaolo.
Copywriter at Lowe Lintas Pirella Gottsche & Partners
November 2000 - May 2002 | Rome
Clients: Honda, JVC, Gruppo Espresso - La Repubblica Newspaper, Wind Mobile, Radio RAI, Inail (National institute of social insurance); Radio RAI; Valtur (Tour Operator); Veratour (Tour Operator); Dabliu (Franchise chain for beauty institutes); Gruppo Cremonini (Holding operational in the food sector)
• Honda TV Campaign @125/150.
• JVC microPocket DV, TV campaign.
Copywriter at CLM e Associati srl
February 1999 - October 2000 | Rome
Clients: Telecom Italia, Merloni Appliances, Fiorucci, Bulgari, Poste Italiane.
• In 1998, while still a student, I entered “Leo University”, a junior creative pitch from Leo Burnett (Fiat 600 brief). Leo Burnett Milan offered me a job in CLM Rome, a small BTL agency that collaborated with them on several projects.
Federico Russo's Education
Libera Universita 'Maria SS Assunta'
1994 – 1999
Federico Russo's Interests & Activities
INTERESTS: Advertising, Art, Music, Cinema, Books, Photography, Computers.
SKILLS: Copywriting, Creative Writing, Blogging, Social Media, Creative Development, New Business, Television, Media Strategy, Creative Strategy, Brand Communication, Creative Direction, New Media, Strategic Thinking, Guerrilla Marketing, Social Networking, Content Strategy, Integrated & Digital
Marketing, Online Advertising